In-house vs. Outsourcing: Regaining Confidence and Control
Outsourcing their federal return process proved challenging for DISH Network. Once they received their data:
- Consolidating two returns took more than a month with overrides and customization
- Finalizing books required four people
- Managing inconsistency between firm’s data and DISH’s data was time-consuming and difficult
- Analyzing massive workpapers and organizing data to support audits drained resources
DISH determined they needed to bring their tax work in-house to regain control over accounts and adjustments, improve workpapers, precisely structure their data, and have supporting documentation at the ready.
DISH implemented CSC Corptax® Compliance themselves, finding it easy and non-intrusive. The team adapted quickly based on the familiar and friendly interface.
Now, with their tax data structured and secured in a single system, DISH accelerates federal consolidation.
- Completes books in one day with one person vs. four people
- Consolidates two returns in three days vs. one month
- Saves ~$350,000 annually above software cost
- Directly accesses underlying data to support audit cycles
- Maintains data security